|| Senator Richard T. Moore, D-Uxbridge
Frank Saba, President and CEO, Milford Regional Medical Center
Paul Jacobson, Regional Director, US Department of Health and Human Services
|| US Department of Health and Human Services Prevention Tour Bus to stop in Milford, MA
|| Friday, April 27th 1:30 to 2:30
|| Milford Regional Medical Center
14 Prospect St.
||On Friday, April 27th, the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Prevention Tour Bus will stop make at stop at the Milford Regional Medical Center from 1:30 to 2:30.
The Prevention Bus is part of HHS and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) A Healthier US Starts Here initiative focused on motivating seniors and others with Medicare to make the most of Medicare’s preventive services.
During the spring and summer, the Medicare Prevention tour bus will visit each of the 48 continental United States to promote conversations between people with Medicare, families, caregivers, health professionals, and community organizations. Many disease prevention advocates, employers, and civic and state leaders have joined our efforts to create awareness of disease prevention and wellness.
The public is welcome to stop by to learn about preventive screenings and other benefits, sometimes at no cost, which Medicare beneficiaries are eligible to receive. Some of these benefits include:
- One time “Welcome to Medicare” physical (including an abdominal aortic aneurysm screening)
- Cardiovascular screenings
- Smoking cessation counseling
- Cancer tests – mammogram screening for breast cancer, pap test and pelvic exam screenings for cervical and vaginal cancer, colorectal cancer screenings, and prostate cancer screening
- Shots and vaccines – flu, Pneumococcal, Hepatitis B
- Bone mass measurement
- Diabetes screening, glucose monitoring supplies, and self-management training
- Medical nutrition therapy for people with diabetes or kidney disease
- Glaucoma test